- Learn to Dive Course Designed for Non-Certified Divers
- Dive at the Exclusive Private Beach Town Called Las Caletas
- The Las Caletas Protected Cove is Home to a Wide Variety of Marine Species Including Reef Fish, Turtles, and Manta Rays
Q: Are there any restrictions that may prevent me from scuba diving?
Scuba diving is an extremely safe sport but all divers should be aware of the inherent hazards and understand that they should:
- Not present any respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems.
- Be in good mental and physical condition for diving.
- Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while diving.
- Be over 10 years old, not be pregnant and not fly within a period of 24 hours after a dive.
- To participate in the El Morro, Corbeteña, Los Anegados or Sequial dives, you must have 25 logged dives shown in your log-book wich you must bring.
- An Acknowledgement of Risk will need to be signed before participating in any of our dive programs.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Divers must hold a valid certification card to participate in our diving programs or Non-certified divers need to complete a Vallarta Discover Scuba Diving pool lesson before their first dive. Beginner dive classes and PADI certification courses available
- Certified divers must bring certification card/log-book
- Certified divers who have not dove in the past year will be required to take a scuba refresher course with Vallarta Adventures before going to the ocean
- To participate in the El Morro, Corbeteña, Los Anegados, El Sequial dives, you must have a valid Open Water Certification card and a previous dive with Vallarta Adventures in the last seven days or you must have 25 logged dives shown in your log-book which you must bring
- Non-certified divers will only be allowed one tank dives available at these dive sites:Las Marietas, Las Caletas and Los Arcos
- Certified divers are automatically entitled to participate in 2 tank dives down to a maximum depth of 60 ft
- Advanced divers can participate in 2 tank dives down to a maximum depth of 120 ft
- Supervision is normally 1 Dive master to 3 diver pairs using the buddy system. If there is an uneven number of guests, a seventh person will be paired with the dive master
- Diving within 18 hours of your flight home is not recommended
- An Acknowledgement of Risk will need to be signed before participating in any of our dive programs
- All divers must be in good health and:
- Not have present any respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems
- Be in good mental and physical condition for diving
- Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs before or while diving
- Must be at least 10 years old, not be pregnant and not have plans to fly within 18 hours after last completed dive
While we do allow children ages 10 and up to participate in dive courses, we recommend they provide their own wetsuit and BCD as our smallest sizes start with "adult x-tra small.